By Dean Hoke January 13, 2020 – Since Edu Alliance was founded in 2014, we have published a bi-weekly newsletter and the Edu Alliance Journal, a blog that included original articles related to higher education. In 2018 -19 we produced a series titled “Things that Keep Higher Education Leaders Awake at Night.” We published over 20 articles on a variety of issues that pointed out higher education challenges concerning economics, international recruitment, and declining public perception of the value of education.
We concluded the series in the summer of 2019 when we presented the results of a survey on the topic with responses from 50 senior administrators across the country to the American Association of University Administrators. To read the results, see the July 16th article titled College Administrators Answer: “What Keeps You Awake at Night?”
Beginning the week of January 27th, the Journal will take a new direction and begin a new series of bi-weekly articles that will focus on best practices and solutions for the challenges our writers have experienced working in higher education.
We will address a variety of subjects, including:
- Growing a President – the path less traveled
- How our university uses Artificial Intelligence and Smart Spaces
- Educational technology in the classroom
- Small town and long gown: Enhancing small town and small college partnerships
- Building faculty for the future
- Recruiting and retaining adult students
- Lessons learned while serving as a university administrator overseas
- Successful international partnerships
- Workforce partnerships with industry
- The changing world of accreditation
- Recruitment of key faculty and administrators outside the US
- How coaching can help in being an effective higher education leader
- Small college fundraising is alive and well
Based on our experience working in many countries, we understand that best practices and solutions in education can come from any university in the world. The series is written by members and advisors of our team as well as higher education professionals worldwide who have found solutions and developed best practices for their institution. The articles will be included in our Blog and our newsletters, the Edu Alliance Journal – US and International Editions. They will be published bi-weekly and are offered at no cost to the subscriber.
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter and The Journal, please feel free to contact me (Dean Hoke). Also, we are always looking for new solutions that can help our worldwide higher education colleagues and their institutions. If you are interested in submitting an article, please contact me with your story proposal.
Edu Alliance Group, Inc. (EAG) is an education consulting firm located in Bloomington, Indiana USA and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. We assist higher education institutions worldwide on a variety of mission critical projects. Our consultants are accomplished university / college leaders who share the benefit of their experience to diagnose and solve challenges.
EAG has provided consulting and successful solutions for higher education institutions in Australia, Egypt, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Nigeria, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, and the United States.
Edu Alliance offers higher education institutions a wide range of consulting services including:
* International Strategic Planning – Strategies ranging from campus and feasibility studies, branch campuses, student recruitment, academic partnership and student exchanges.
* Executive Coaching for higher education leaders.
* Small College advisory support.
* Accreditation – Helping prepare documentation, data and evidences to meet the requirements of accrediting agencies and state licensing.
* Business intelligence / Institutional research(student demographics and market potential, competition analysis, due diligence on business regulations and agency controls) for schools, colleges, universities and vocational institutes.
* Executive Search – Quality educational leaders are never easy to identify for an long term appointment. EAG has a unique niche assisting a colleges and universities in such executive searches. We have assisted institutions throughout the world in identifying and recruiting C-Level Executives and Deans.
If you are an organization that wants to know more how Edu-Alliance can best serve you, please contact me at email@example.com.