Bloomington, Indiana October 19, 2020 – Ed Alliance Group Managing Partner Dean Hoke announced today Dr. Samuel Martin-Barbero has been named to the Advisory Council.
Dr. Martin-Barbero currently serves as Presidential Distinguished Fellow at the University of Miami (Florida, US). Previously, he has held the position of Rector/President at University Camilo José Cela, in Madrid (Spain) and Chairman (ex officio) at Foundation University Camilo José Cela. He was Founding-Dean and Professor at IE School of Communication-IE University, Associate Dean and Associate Professor at IE Business School and, Secretary-General of the International Advisory Board at IE University. He worked as Project Manager for Education and Technology at Telefónica Group at a corporate level after some years as a Reporter in the Culture Section for Prisa Media Group (CNN Spain and Cadena Ser).
Samuel Martin Barbero has been an active member of the Global Agenda Council (GAC) in Informed Societies and the Knowledge Advisory Board, both belonging to the World Economic Forum (WEF, in Switzerland), as well as a member of the Board of Directors of DIRCOM (Spanish Association of Communication Directors). He frequently writes on transnational higher education trends and challenges for specialized publications such as Times Higher Education, Higher Education Policy Institute, The Conversation, and World Economic Forum-Agenda blog. Samuel is currently a member of the International Editorial Advisory Board of the academic journal, Journalism & Mass Communication Educator (US). He holds an additional professional background in consultancy, media, and telecom industries.
Mr. Hoke stated, “Dr. Martin-Barbero is a senior executive and university thought leader with proven global, strategic, innovative, and cross-disciplinary experience. He brings expertise and depth in European and United States higher education organizational change and curriculum reform. He is an outstanding addition to our Advisory Council, who help and support Edu Alliance and our clients worldwide.”
Current North American Advisory Council Members of the Edu Alliance Group are:
- Thomas Delaney, technology consultant and previously Vice President of Global Technology and Chief Global Technology Officer at New York University
- Dr. Denise Gifford, Associate Provost American University Ras al Khaimah
- Dr. Candance Goodwin, Executive Coach, and former university President and Vice President
- Dr. Stephen Jones, President/CEO of Great Blue Heron and past Chancellor of the University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Dr. Cheryl King workforce development expert and past President of Kentucky Wesleyan University
- Dr. Daniel King, Chief Executive Officer of the American Association of University Administrators
- Dr. Allen Meadors, former President of St. John International University in Torino, Italy
- Jay Noren M.D., Founding Director of Masters of Healthcare Administration program, the University of Illinois-Chicago and former President of Wayne State University
- Marci Powell, online learning expert, and CEO of Marci Powell and Associates
- Dr. Barry Ryan, accreditation expert and President Emeritus of Sophia University
- Ken Salomon, Chair Thompson Coburn Lobbying and Policy Group.
Edu Alliance Group, Inc. (EAG) is an education consulting firm located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates and Bloomington, Indiana USA. We assist higher education institutions worldwide on a variety of mission critical projects. Our consultants are accomplished university / college leaders who share the benefit of their experience to diagnose and solve challenges.
EAG has provided consulting and successful solutions for higher education institutions in Australia, Egypt, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Nigeria, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, and the United States.
Edu Alliance offers higher education institutions consulting services worldwide. Our US office specializes in assisting universities on international projects and partnerships. If you like to know more how Edu Alliance can best serve you, please contact Dean Hoke at email@example.com