I have been a LinkedIn user for many years and feel it is a great way to network with professional colleagues and friends. I have also, over the years, used the Group section of LinkedIn to network with people in Abu Dhabi and with my university alumni. However, I have never found a LinkedIn group that is dedicated to higher education professional who are currently working or have worked in the UAE.
Dr. Senthil Nathan and I have worked in UAE higher education for many years and in 2014 Co-Founded Edu Alliance which specializes in higher education consultancy. We have established a unique LinkedIn network for faculty, staff and administrators who have worked or are currently working in a higher educational institution in the UAE. The group is called the University Faculty and Staff Alumni Network – UAE (UFSAN-UAE).
Who is eligible to join this free UFSAN-UAE network?
– If you have worked or are working as a full time faculty or staff for a university / college / tertiary educational institution in the UAE – for one year or more – you are invited to join this network.
What would I gain from this professional network?
– Interact with colleagues from the same or similar universities in the UAE.
– Help each other with new and emerging career opportunities within the region and/or in home base.
– For professionals who have previously worked in UAE higher education it’s a way to network with fellow UAE professionals. You can share your insights as well as learn or inform colleagues of potential employment or collaborative opportunities
– Share research insights or interests with colleagues: identifying applied research needs for the region, effective teaching and learning styles in the region, effective use of educational technology, making best use of highly limited research opportunities and funds, co-authoring research work with interested colleagues from the network.
– Exchange business intelligence, cultural and educational insights
Learn about potential employment opportunities.
– The network promises to be a highly focused, specialized and unique location for targeted recruitment by the universities and colleges of the UAE.
– Edu Alliance will endeavor to provide information on emerging professional opportunities in UAE higher education to network members, as we gather from our contacts in the universities and colleges. In fact we have been contacted by some Higher ed HR departments about posting positions.
– Network members will be invited to post positions that are open in their respective institutions. Edu Alliance will verify such information before such postings go online.
As educators in the UAE we have all made connections and friendships with fellow colleagues and those connections can be valuable. If you are interested in being a member and have worked or are working as a full time faculty or staff for a university / college / tertiary educational institution in the UAE – for one year or more – you are invited to join this network go to University Faculty and Staff Alumni Network – UAE